- 4 cups (32 oz.) of tomato sauce (I used Prego Traditional)
- 1 lb. of ground turkey
- 4 cups of cooked rigatoni, look for a whole wheat option (about 2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) of shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 (1 oz.) of grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water in a pot, cook rigatoni to al-dente (about 9 minutes).
- Drain water from pasta.
- Cook ground turkey in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-hot heat until browned. Stir to crumble.
- Drain ground turkey well.
- Spray 11 x 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine turkey, rigatoni, tomato sauce, and 1 cup of mozzarella in baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. *Note: Make sure to cover every bit of pasta in sauce and cheese, if not…the pasta will be too firm.
I hope you enjoy this delicious meal! I’ve made it several times for my family and friends and it’s always a hit!