An excellent published writer with a solid background in various aspects of public relations from undertaking qualitative and quantitative research, developing press and media kits, writing press releases and scripts as well as preparing collateral marketing material. A hard worker with excellent organizational skills, solid academic accomplishments and a strong work ethic.
Database Marketing Manager for Marriott Portfolio, September 2015 – Present, Dallas, Texas
Office Assistant, February 2015 – September 2015, Dallas, Texas
Personal Assistant to Mrs. A. Mangold
Personal Assistant, June 2014 – January 2015, San Antonio, Texas
- Completed all assigned tasks and personal errands.
- Organized all personal files.
- Worked directly with the interior designer, general contractor, and other household services.
Group 42, Inc.
Marketing Intern, October 2014 – December 2014, San Antonio, Texas
Worked as one of the first members of the new marketing department at Group 42, Inc.
- Collected customer testimonials from various oil and gas companies for marketing materials.
- Organized event details and company involvement for the Rudy’s I-35 “Rivalry Before the Match” golf tournament.
- Helped organize the company’s holiday event by researching rental space, decorations, floral arrangements, and catering.
- Created social media calendars for Group 42, Inc. and Flo Trend Systems.
- Created LinkedIn pages for Group 42, Inc., Flo Trend Systems, and Well Flow International.
- Managed all social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Alamo Heights United Methodist Church
Childcare Provider, June 2014 – September 2014, San Antonio, Texas
The Oxford Police Department
Public Relations Intern, February 2014 – May 2014, Oxford, Mississippi
Arranged interviews and wrote press materials.
- Compiled press releases for social media accounts.
- Created a safe driving campaign performing quantitative, qualitative, primary, and secondary research: developing objectives, strategy, key messages, tactics for both actions and communications, social media accounts, media kit, TV and radio PSA scripts, campaign video, materials and budget, planning and timetable, and evaluation.
The CE Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern, May 2013 – August 2013, San Antonio, Texas
Worked directly with clients and attended client meetings, performed research and contributed creative angles for client projects, authored press materials and helped maintain and update press kits for hospitality and tourism clients including La Fogata, Don Strange of Texas, and Rio San Antonio Cruises.
- Helped create a catering kit for La Fogata.
- Made postings to online calendars for upcoming client events.
- Photographed company events for social media purposes.
The Daily Mississippian
Reporter, May 2012 – July 2012, Oxford, Mississippi
Authored one article per week about several topics regarding the University of Mississippi and Oxford.
- Reviewed copy and revised work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements.
The Alamo Heights Pool
Desk Attendant, May 2009 – July 2009, San Antonio, Texas
Stone Werks Cafe & Bar
Hostess, November 2007 – June 2008, San Antonio, Texas
The University of Mississippi
B.A. in Print Journalism, May 2014, Oxford, Mississippi
Emphasis in Public Relations, Minor in English.
- Dean’s List (2013-2014)
- Gamma Sigma Alpha Honor Society (2013-2014)
- Sigma Alpha Lambda National Leadership Honors Organization (2013-2014)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. Ritual, New Member, and Public Relations Committees.
- Member of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (2012)
- Volunteer for Reading Is Fundamental, Oxford Young Life, and Feed The Hunger.
Alamo Heights High School
High School Diploma, May 2010, San Antonio, Texas
- Yearbook staff, Volleyball team, Student Council, Interact Community Service Club, Office Aide for Guidance Office.
- Writing paragraph published in Texas Teachers “Teach the Test” manual and website for the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) Standardized Test. (2010)
- Member of National Charity League (2008-2010). Ticktocker Service Award (2008-2010). Mother-Daughter Award (2009-2010).
- Microsoft Excel, InDesign, FileMaker, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Microsoft Word, Google Drive Applications, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Blogger, and WordPress.
- AP Style
- Creative Writing, News Writing and Reporting, Blogging
- Social Media
- Conversational Spanish
These are both projects I completed for my major, Print Journalism, at the University of Mississippi.
HauglidMagazine04 – This is a magazine that I created for a journalism class at the University of Mississippi.
Wreckless Driving For Dummies Safe Driving Campaign by Megan Hauglid – This is a public relations campaign that I completed for a public relations class at the University of Mississippi while interning at the Oxford Police Department. This class was part internship (students chose their internship from a list of available internships in Oxford, Batesville, and Memphis) and part class, this campaign was our final project.
These are all articles I wrote for my major, Print Journalism, at the University of Mississippi.
Soft News Release by Megan Hauglid – This is a soft news release that I wrote for a public relations class at the University of Mississippi.
Hard News Release by Megan Hauglid – This is a hard news release that I wrote for a public relations class at the University of Mississippi.
Public Relations Audio & Video PSA by Megan Hauglid – This is an audio and video PSA that I completed for a public relations class at the University of Mississippi.
Public Relations Broadcast Assignment by Megan Hauglid -This is a news release, audio PSA, and video PSA that I completed for a public relations class at the University of Mississippi.
“No More Bad Days” by Megan Hauglid – This is a profile story I wrote for a journalism class at the University of Mississippi.
“Is Print Dead?” by Megan Hauglid – This is an article I wrote on a debate about whether or not print is dead.
“Getting Ahead of the Game Before Graduation Day” by Megan Hauglid – This is a magazine-length article I wrote about entrepreneurial students.
“Taylor McGraw Tenure” by Megan Hauglid – This is an article I wrote for the University of Mississippi’s daily newspaper, The Daily Mississippian, about the former Associated Student Body President, Taylor McGraw.
These poems are all from a poetry class that I completed at the University of Mississippi.
The Problem of Describing Color – For this poem we were assigned to mimic the format of Robert Hass’ “The Problem of Describing Color”. Each student drew a color from a hat; the color I chose was white.
Washstand With Mirror – For this poetry assignment, the whole class took a trip to The University of Mississippi Museum near campus. We were told to view all of the exhibits and choose a piece of art that inspired us to write about. I chose “Washstand With Mirror” by Ron Dale. I was inspired by Dale’s exhibit because the unique shapes reminded me of Dr. Seuss books.
My First Spring – For this assignment, we were told to mimic a certain format and write about our “first ____”, whether it was a first time doing something, a first time going somewhere, it didn’t matter. However, the second part of the poem was supposed to be wild, something that didn’t happen, we were free to let our imagination run wild.
Heat of Summer – This poetry assignment was our “paint chip assignment.” Each student was assigned a color that our teacher had received from a paint store. We were given the paint chip and assigned to write about.
The Tortilla Maker – For this poetry assignment, we were studying William Carlos Williams’ “The Young Housewife”. We were assigned to go out somewhere in Oxford and find someone to write about. I chose to write about a woman who made tortillas at a local Mexican restaurant.
Walmart Poem – This was a fun assignment for me personally. We were assigned to go to Walmart and find someone that “stuck out” in our eyes and write a poem about them.