As a senior at the University of Mississippi and a proud member of Kappa Kappa Gamma (Delta Rho chapter), I know a thing or two about the ins and outs and the dos and don’ts of sorority fashion in the South. Being a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and I have made both lifelong memories and friends.
Now that we’ve addressed the cliché why-I-love-my-sorority-talk, check out some of the must-haves for sorority girls in the South!
- The Lilly Pulitzer Jumbo Agenda (top left) — An absolute must in order to stay organized in college and plan all of your sorority social and philanthropy events! This agenda comes in many fun, colorful prints!
- The iPhone cover in Kappa Kappa Gamma print…of course! (middle top row) — Keep your phone covered, safe, and cute!
- Pearl stud earrings (top right) — These are my go-to earrings on a daily basis while going to school, and pretty much every other day too! They’re an absolute classic. These earrings are the Tiffany & Co. Signature Pearl Earrings.
- Rent the Runway! — This dress here is the ‘Cheetah Crawl Dress’ Mark & James by Badgley Mischka (bottom left) — I somewhat recently discovered Rent the Runway and I think it is down right brilliant! Seriously people, this website is GOLDEN. Rent the Runway is fantastic for date parties, formals, and other social events where you wouldn’t be caught dead in the same dress. If you want to know more about Rent the Runway and how it works, read my blog post about Rent the Runway.
- The Tory Burch ‘Jaden’ Tote (middle bottom row) — Well I don’t have this, but I sure would love to! Every girl needs a cute and colorful tote to carry their homework and textbooks in.
- The Metal Script monogram Necklace from Moon and Lola (bottom right) — I found out about Moon and Lola while reading a magazine years ago, I have loved it ever since. I never really monogrammed many things before college, just my Jon Hart Luggage, a scarf, towels, and bedding…okay so maybe I monogrammed a couple of things. But when I started my freshman year at Ole Miss I was in awe of exactly how many things girls (and even boys!) were monogrammed. I mean you name it: key chains, bath curtains, rain jackets, sweatshirts, Nike shorts…the list goes on and on! I immediately followed suit and I haven’t stopped since. My mom always said I have the perfect initials for a monogram (MHE). I’m going to be in quite the predicament whenever I get married…oops.
I hope you love these, I know I do!